news| FAQ| complaints| feedback|
Adullam Logo - to Home page
Adullam Homes Housing Association - to Home page

How to Secure a Tenancy - What to do Next

If you and the Landlord agree that you are to be offered the property then you will need to:

  • Provide one month’s rent in advance - A Discretionary Loan can be applied for but the Landlord will have to wait a few days for this.
  • Provide a Deposit (usually= to one month’s rent) If you have not got the money for this,  apply for the Rent Deposit Bond Scheme if you have not already done so and the Landlord agrees to take it.
  • Sign the Tenancy Agreement. Read this first carefully. The Landlord will sign it to and will give you a copy.
  • The Landlord should also provide an Inventory (a list) of everything that is in the property when you take it on. This should include any damage of faults that are there before you move in. If you do not get one of these it is advisable to do one yourself (take photos if you can) and give it to the Landlord/lady keeping a copy for yourself. The inventory should be signed and dated.
  • You should be given information about what the Landlord or Agent is going to do with your Deposit if you have given one. See section on Government Deposit Protection scheme. This does not apply if you have got the Rent Deposit (Bond) form the council.
  • Apply for Housing Benefit / Allowance if you need it and if the Landlord has agreed. Housing Benefit forms can be obtained from either High Peak Borough Council, Staffordshire Moorlands District Council or Derbyshire Dales District Council. See section on Housing Benefits
  • Home [accesskey-1]
  • Index
  • Documents

This website is for :  people looking for private rented accommodation and landlords with accomodation to offer in the High Peak and Derbyshire Dales.

Last Modified: 5 Aug 2013
Level Triple-A conformance icon, W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0